2019 Thanksgiving Offering
Christ Memorial Church takes an offering every Thanksgiving to assist others in the community and around the globe. We are always delighted to see these gifts used by God in unique ways. We invite funding requests through an application process outlined below.
The deacons prayerfully discern the applications received. The Thanksgiving Offering at Christ Memorial is focused on proposals that will be a specific project that follows Christ Memorial’s mission, vision and values. This project should be tangible instead of operational and completed by December 31, 2020. It is also important for us to understand your ministry and the structure of your organization. If you are chosen as a recipient, you would be agreeing to a progress check shortly after funds are issued and a follow up communication to share with our congregation at the completion of the project.
If you would like to apply to be a part of the Thanksgiving Offering, we ask that you submit a stand-alone written grant proposal. Your entire proposal should not exceed 8 double-sided pages total, including optional pictures and brochures. If we desire more information, we will contact you. This proposal, at minimum must include the following sections:
- Introduction to your organization (background, history, etc.)
- A mission, vision and/or values statement for your organization.
- A current budget and balance sheet for your organization
- A description of the project needing funding:
- Describe the need & how this project will meet this need.
- How many lives will be impacted? To what extent?
- How will you measure the success or failure? Who will hold you accountable?
- How will the continued operation of this project be ensured?
- A budget and timeline specific to the project. What other factors could impact the budget or timing?
- Is this proposal contingent upon anything (ie. building permits, land purchase, environmental permits etc)
- Optional – Any pictures or brochures that will give us a better understanding of the project.
In addition to your written grant proposal, we ask that you complete and attach the 1-page “Summary Supplement” which is enclosed with this letter and can be found by CLICKING HERE. The supplement is used as a ‘snapshot’ of your proposal.
Please submit all information by March 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com Final notifications will be sent out this summer. Any applications received after March 31, 2019 will not be considered, however you are invited to apply next year.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.
Pastor of Missional Living
Christ Memorial Church